Yuvraj Singh is playing his best cricket in world cup

Having played one of the most mature match- winning innings of his career, Yuvraj Singh feels beating Australia in the quarter- final of the World Cup meant more to him that anything else he had felt before.

Guiding the team to victory, along with Suresh Raina, at a time when the match could have gone either way, Yuvraj said playing straight and on the ground was the main aim. “ The pressure was something else today. I don’t know if I have hit the purple- patch, but this was definitely the best cricket I have played in a while. After Raina came in, I asked him to play straight and down the ground. Beating Australia in the quarter- final is something special,” he said.

Raina on his part said that it was little master Sachin Tendulkar who had inspired him to play such a clam knock under pressure.

“ When I was sitting in the dressing room, Sachin came up to me and gave me a high- five and said that he expected me to play calmly and do well. I just wanted to follow what he had said,” he said.

India’s brilliant show on the field finally brought a smile to Dhoni’s face. “ We are not known for our fielding, but I think we had the best fielders on the ground today. We all gave in more than a 100 per cent,” the skipper said.

Ponting almost chocked as he bid adieu to his dreams of lifting his third successive World Cup trophy for Australia as captain. “ We competed hard, but India was a better side. We have had moments in the tournament and it is disappointing to bow out at this stage,” he said.
Yuvraj Singh is playing his best cricket in world cup Yuvraj Singh is playing his best cricket in world cup Reviewed by Kavitha Sreedhar on 8:28 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.